« Home | Blogger Birth » | Made The Switch and I Aint Looking Back » | Over Priced Xbox Anyone? » | XBox 360 Madness 2005 Step 1 »

Inspiration or Instruction?

What is more important, to inspire someone or to teach them? How do you do both? What if you had to choose one, which one would you rather do for someone? Does is depend on the person? Does it depend on the task at hand, if there is one?

I'll mow your grass if you can answer these questions. Seriously!

I've watched people do both of these things for/to me. While my initial reaction is to say that when someone inspires me it is better than instructing me but after I chew on it, I really couldn't confidently say that.

Learning w/o inspiration is rote memory. The 2 are like legs and you need both to walk smoothly. Wild inspiration w/o learning is called “winging it”. Sometimes it works O.K., but nowhere near what it can be with a foundation of knowledge.

1 Corinthians 8:1

……..Mere] knowledge causes people to be puffed up (to bear themselves loftily and be proud), but love (affection and goodwill and benevolence) edifies and builds up and encourages one to grow [to his full stature].

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross