« Home | Don't Impress Them Too Much Now » | Group Run - 8.1 » | My GP for DFW » | More Blog Love » | Spreading The Blog Love » | Struggle With Guilt? » | Group Run - 7.1 » | Rainy Days » | All-time Fav Movie Quote » | Loading Time »

Final 25

One of the reasons that I think I like running so much is b/c it is like my personal testing ground. When I run, I get pretty bored with the first 75% b/c for me it's all about the last 25%. I like to see if I can make it the last quarter. The final 25 is where I am really tested and pushed. It's the final 25 when I want to quit and stop. But that's what I love about it. It's my moment of truth. It's the moment that I prove to myself, "Yeah, when I said I wanted to work out today, I actually meant it."

Today I thought about how applicable this is to other areas of our lives.

Who am I in the final 25 of a project? Yeah it's easy to start a project b/c it's new and fresh and fun. But it's during crunch time when I PROVE that I'm dedicated to that project b/c the fun has worn off and now it's just TOUGH. If I finish, then yeah, I really was commited. But if I quit, what does that say about how I TRULY felt?

This is true in every area of life. EVERY AREA! School. Work. Friendships. Marriage. Your relationship with God. Every area! For example, Getting married is easy. When it comes down to it, to get married all you have to do is say some words and sign some papers. Staying married is a WHOLE different ball game! Ask any couple who's been married more than 20 years. I think our divorce rate in the USA is what it is b/c, in the words of Maroon 5, "Saying 'I love you' has nothing to do with meaning."




Heavenly Father,

I don't always make it through the final 25 of life. Please forgive me. Make me into someone who's just as dependable in the final 25 as in the first 75. Father, I can't be that person without You. Break me. Change me.

sTw

heard that!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross