« Home | New Quote » | Head Up Again! » | Heads Up! » | New Job » | Check This Out! » | Did The Cop Do It On Prupose? » | Framestore » | 16 Days » | New Quote - What Do You Think? » | Float »

Sushi

I'm a relatively new sushi lover. I think probably 4 or 5 years ago I was with a bunch of friends at Tsunamis in Laffy Taffy and a friend convinced me to try some sushi. Previous to that the idea of raw fish was never appealing. So I tried it, and of course he didn't give me a manageable fried sushi piece... no, no, no. He gave me some piece that was completely raw. And of course, I spit it out and told myself, "Alright, I tried it, and it is confirmed. I hate sushi." So for the next 4 or 5 years I consistently turned down sushi.

Well about 3 or 4 months ago a friend of Tory's had a b-day party and they decided to go to a sushi joint, and I went along thinking that I'll just order a steak or something like I always do. Well, as my loving wife (then fiance) is supposed to do, she inquired as to why I didn't liked sushi. I gave the manly, "I just don't" response and of course she didn't let me off that easy. So after more prodding from her she discovered that my reason was not liking raw ingredients, and of course within minutes she had me try non-raw sushi, and guess what.... yep :)



Labels:

ahhh welcome to the world of raw fish loving! Isn't it great! Now you know what you were missing out on with Mitch, Sam and I! We will have to hang out sometime (maybe in Oct when my misses is gone) and celebrate the joy of raw fish!

First of all, you made a writing mistake. The question should be "Why don't you like sushi?". Just read it, you will see what I am talking about.

Secondly, please take Amanda on a sushi date! She loves this place in Baton Rouge...Itchiban. PLEASE, I wont spend the money on it! Isn't worth my hard earned cash.

WOW!!! The presentations are works of art! So are you and Tory!!! Your story is my story exactly ~ now I'm hooked, too!!!

Bon appetite! vo

mmm. we'll have to go on a double date for sushi when yall get back in town! we love it! hope all is well in the married life!

absolutely Ashley! that would be a blast!

and no Scott, I won't take your wife on a date. That's weird!

Scott, you're so mean, I'll take your wife out on a date!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross