« Home | Inspiration or Instruction? » | Blogger Birth » | Made The Switch and I Aint Looking Back » | Over Priced Xbox Anyone? » | XBox 360 Madness 2005 Step 1 »

True or Not True?

Higher Predictability = Lower Connectivity

I heard this the other night and liked it a lot. So obviously you know I think it's true. But I like it mainly b/c it's true in so many different arenas. I can't think of an arena that's not true in.

marriage? old friends?

yeah in some ways it's not true in marriage and old friends, but in some ways it is. I definitely agree that having a predictable spouse is AWESOME in a lot of ways, and the same with old friends. I guess it's a pretty large blanket statement, huh?

The blanket statement works in the realm of entertainment and presentations, so you're on to something. See where it leads.

a predictable spouse??? in matters of character, dependability, yeah that is VERY key...
but if you are planning to marry a woman... and all signs point to yes so far... I think-
There is more to be said for consistency... That would be more in the relationship arena...
Don't expect much predictability in many other areas!!! Ha

sounds like McDonalds...
VERy predictable... not very much connectivity to the "cook"

Unique dishes at a friends house... warms the heart, makes the memories, it's just different/ and in my opinion, better.

I know you weren't really talking about food...

But, in church.. you don't want it to be so perfect that you lose the human element, the grit...

It is a SHARED experience, not a movie... pretty lights are nice... but the things that get to you are the " moment" that the realness peeks through... the guitar string pops.. the drummer flops...
people can relate to Oops moments really well...
Ever had a camp speaker who... pretended his mik didn;t work... til everybody got quiet, kinda brings out a compassion in people,
then kicks it on... oh There it is...
HMM

Remmik, if you want to apply this to food, I think you should go right ahead.


Be unpredictable.

I think I was hungry...

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross