« Home | Saturday Group Run and Breakfast » | Don't Mess With Smokey » | Do you want to be counted wise? » | Student Ministry » | More Blog Love » | Seatbelts Sold Seperatley » | Too Much Text and Not Enough Pictures On This Stin... » | Ground Patti » | Movie Quote » | You Are What He Sees You As »

Church Was Rocking Today

I'm realizing really quickly the things at East Bayou that I'm going to miss most whenever I move to DFW.

Probably the thing I'll miss the most is just being Mike Walker's son. While I don't want to take anything I haven't earned on my own, just b/c I'm a preacher's kid, I will definitely miss being in his inner circle. Getting to meet with him in between services and talk about what we can do better for the next service and just talking about church stuff has been a blast.

And I'll miss getting to work with Ward. Ward, our music pastor, is amazing. I love just watching him sing his heart out. Not only does he have a heart and passion that is inspiring, but he also has the musci ability to ummm.... what we call.... Rock It Out! The people he uses to make up the band all are just good. From musicians to vocalists, the music here rocks! I'll miss it a ton.

Today we did a song called "Shipwreck" by a band called Starfield. It's a slow piano driven song that our drummer Bryan Pitre did. Here's the lyrics for the first part of the song. They're awesome!

"I built a fortress, with a hundred thousand faces,
I'll keep it safe, with a hundred thousand more.
But these masks are wearing thin, as You draw me in.

I spent my time on the empty and the fleeting.
I spent my life on much less than what I'd dreamed.
But I'm reaching out to You, to make me new.

'Cause I am just a beggar, here at Your door.
I am just a shipwreck here on Your shore.
I come empty handed, ready to see,
Your life in me changing who I've been,
To who I need to be.
"

Labels: ,

As much as I enjoy the church I attend here, nothing has ever compared to East Bayou and Brother Mike. East Bayou was the first church I ever felt connected to and if I could've brought it with me, I would've! :-)

nahhhh, that church and staff are really going to miss your spirit and adrenaline and rocking attitude. you are such a force for God.

I can understand how you feel...but on the other hand I can't wait to hear all the things God has instore for you in the "Big D". I know he's going to rock your world and use you in a mighty way.

There are times when I really miss the bayou. What it all boils down to is East bayou is my family - I love so many people there. I'm sitting here thinking "did Abraham feel like this when he left his people to go?" However, I also know how God used him and his obedience.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross