« Home | My Running Stats for 2006 » | Switchfoot!!! » | Change A Word » | "Sean Walker" » | Christmas '06 at The Walkers » | My Grandfather and Cousin Playing The Wii » | Q and Q » | Random PIcs » | Anonymous » | Pics »

My new years eve fun/drama! :)

So I was hanging out with my new friends from LifeChurch for new year's eve. Needless to say it was interesting, haha.

I'll jump straight to the good part. The area of Fort Worth where most of us live is pretty densely (sp?) populated, so we drove a good 20-30 minutes to find the nearest fireworks stand outside of city limits. We eventually found one. But we knew we couldn't pop them back in city limits.

Soooooooo, we ended up pulling down a street in the middle of no where that had fields of dry grass on both sides. So literally we just stopped on the side on the road and about 7 of us just started popping fireworks, haha. Innocent right? Ha! Well I fire one bottle rocket and it lands in one of the fields and quickly goes out.

Then I was reminded of a story involving a friend of mine. When I was in middle school, maybe younger, there was a field at the end of our street. Well one time a couple of guys I went to school with were popping fireworks in this field and caught it on fire. Legal charges were presses against them and the whole nine yards. It was terrifying for theses guys.

Well after my first bottle rocket hit the field and went out, I shouted to everyone, "Hey we've got dry fields of grass on both sides of us. Let's not shoot anymore bottle rockets b/c if accidentally light one of the fields on fire, 2007 is nor going to be a fun year."

Then one of my friends quickly responds, "Oh, don't worry, it rained like yesterday."

That was the infamous statment with which we now make fun of this friend with. "Oh, don't worry, it rained like yesterday." HA!

So, I put my bottle rockets up, b/c the risk isn't worth the reward right? and I stick to lighting the fireworks I could control closer to me.

Well about 10-15 minutes later, another friend is about to light a bottle rocket. But this is a little better bottle rocket than normal ones. This one not only flys, but right before it finishes flying it shoots 2 big sparks out, haha. SO, he takes his fancy bottle rocket and shoves the end of it in the ground and lights it. Well, he shoved it in a little too hard and after it lit, it didn't go anywhere and just sat there trying to take off. Then right at the end it finally gets itself out of the ground and goes about 15-20 in the direction it was pointed. Well when these 2 sparks that come at the end shoot out, they're suppose to shoot out when the rocket is 30 feet in the air, NOT 5 feet on its way back down.

And so we all thought, "Oh, that wasn't that eventful." And then about 2 seconds later we see small little fires where the 2 sparks at the end had shot out. And we think, "Not a big deal. Friend #1 said it just rained." Haha. Then we're all watching and the flames start growing. And growing. And we all start yelling! Then the funniest thing happened...

Without any hesitation, of the 7 people out there, 4 of them RUN BACK TO THE CAR TO LEAVE!!!!! haha! And me and 2 of the other guys immediately start sprinting towards the 2 flames, haha. So I go to one of the flames and the 2 other guys go to the second flame. During the sprint there, I'm yelling, "Don't catch yourself on fire! Don't catch yourself on fire!" And at the same time I'm thinking, "OK, how am I gonna put this thing out?! How am I gonna put this thing out?!"

And so when I get to the first flame I just take off my pea coat that I'm wearing and start beating the flame, haha. And I win pretty quick. Then I look at the other 2 guys (one of which was the one who so eloquently said it rained the previous day) and they're both stomping on their fire and they can't put it out, haha. And one of them has the funky shoes on that totally look flammable, so I'm waiting to see his shoes catch on fire. So I yell at them to back off, and then I take a couple of swings at it with my pea coat and finally it goes out.

We turn around and the rest of the group is sitting in the car, and we all just bust out laughing.

What is now a hilarious story, could be something that you're all reading about us in a paper. Ahh, good times :)

My accomplices...

Labels:

Sounds like a blast! We can say that now that we know nothing bad happened!-Jonathan

Sounds like a great picture to send to the Ft Worth Times. haha

didnt something like that happen to philip fry?

I don't remember a Phillip Fry, but I do know that Zack BReaux was involved with one.

same fire!

what happen to your coat?

Conehead! Coat???

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross