« Home | Intelligent Design or Darwinism? » | Speaking of Churches Endorsing Candiates... » | Churches Cannot Endorse Candidates » | "reTHiNK - Is Student Ministry Working?" » | Seriously?! » | Snow (For Real This Time) » | Snow (Kind Of) » | America's Most Sinful Cities » | Don't Drink The Water, Literally » | More Cool Pics »

Engaged!: April 15th is No Longer Tax Day!

April 15th will no longer be remembered as Tax Day! It is now April 15th, the day I proposed to the woman I've been praying for!

I proposed to my girlfriend Tory this morning. We met at SWBTS Jan 18, 2007 and have been dating since March 20, 2007. Well as of this morning, she is no longer my girlfriend, but my fiance! Here's the video of the proposal.

Thanks to Dr. Yarnell (my systematic theology professor) for letting me have a few minutes at the end of class to have everyone's help. Thanks for Phillip for taking pics and to Daniel for videoing, and to Kyle for the ring toss.

I also wouldn't be posting this story if it weren't for my Dad and Mom, my brothers, my best friend Justin (who with his family drove all the way to Fort Worth last weekend to be with me as I bought the ring, per our tradition). I wouldn't be here without all of my friends.

Tory I love you and I can't wait to be your husband!

And if not for Jesus, in whom we find true life, we would be hopeless. I hope above all He is honored in Tory's and my life. I pray He uses us to continue to point to and lead people to Him.

Ephesians 1:18 "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling."

John 12:46-47 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it."







Labels:

First Post!

P.S. Quit seminary. Try out for the Braves.

--
Michael

Second Post!!! oh my golly, what a snag. unreal fabulous catch-- of course i'm talking about Tory and not the ring. hhahaha. superb left handed catch of the ring. you totally impressed me with those hands.

wow, what an event and it's recorded too. FANTASTIC, congrats to you two beautiful people. looking forward to the life
together as our family grows.

Big Mike

p.s. Nothing better than a godly, Proverbs 31 lady.

Great catch! ...In BOTH respects!!!! CONGRATULTIONS Tory and Sean!!!! ~ May your hearts keep dancing always!!!! I Thessalonians 3:12

Braves Catcher or David Copperfield I don't know which one you are or Was that ring taped to the back of your head ?

I'm glad to see you put that rock to good use!!!

YEAH!!!!!!! :-D What a beautiful proposal! I'm soooooooooooo excited for you my friend! Thanks for posting it! :-D

May the Lord Jesus Christ be at the center of your union. As a man and a woman are united with HIm and in His will, they will know an intimacy deeper than anything imaginable by this world.

I am praising the Lord with you guys! Congratulations to you and Tory! I can't wait to meet her. YAY!!! I'm just super excited for you!

Tory, you are a blessed woman. Strap yourself in, 'cause you are going for a ride with the WALKER family! BONUS: you have inherited a connection to ALASKA !! God bless you two!

Brenda Crim

Congrats, man! If you're like I was when I proposed, you thought your heart was gonna explode for a little while there.

congratulations! we are very excited for you two :) nate, ml & allison

I taught him everything I know(which isn't much). Of course he has ninja skills. Congrats man, well done.

We're so happy for you! Can't wait to meet Tory.
Love,
Uncle Johnny and Aunt Sherry

Nice catch Skywalker (ring and lady!)...and impressive proposal. Mucho congratulations and massive blessings on your new lives together. I bet she can play ping pong better than you too...most people can :)

All the best....Dalton

I think you just scheduled a ping-pong rematch Mr. Dalton. I'll be preparing, haha.

awww! i am so happy for you big brother! yall are perfect together, & im glad you found someone that makes you so happy. you deserve the best!

& by the way, nice catch. =]

ily big brother!

nice. as long as the first kid is named Tim..Timantha..or some rendition relating to my name and that I am the Paran. I will allow yall two to get married.



i bet your catching skills are from all the apples/ice/grapes we threw at each other.

Dude!!!!!!!
Congrats!
Man I am so glad that I'm already married. Jenn might expect a proposal like that from me :P
I wouldn't expect anything less from you bro. YOU ROCK! Nice catch by the way :)

We are really happy for the both of you!

Can't wait to meet Tory!

CONGRATULATIONS!

WOW!!! You are a blessed man. Following in the footsteps of your father and marrying way above yourself. Congratulations to both of you.

tim hisaw

Authentic STW style... and I wouldn't expect anything less!

I am blessed to see you so happy and to know how big the Lord has provided for you! Tory is truly a precious gift, and I know you guys will rock the world together!!

It's nice to wake up to a Tory that loves you!! I promise you'll enjoy!!

--
Loren

20 comments on one blog that has to be some kind of record! congratulations.

CONGRATULATIONS SEAN !!!!!!

Such a beautiful moment captured.
May God continue to bless you and your beautiful bride to be.

Congrats!!!

I don't know what bought a bigger tear to my eye:
A. The proposal.
B. The thought that this lovely lady now has to spend the rest of her life with you.
C. The thought of the Braves signing you instead of the Yankees.

May God bless yall with a wonderful life together, and hope you find as much wealth and happiness in your future children as we do in ours.
P.Rye (6.8 and counting)

P. Rye!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it's an honor that you would not only check out my video, but leave a post as well. I hope you and your family are doing great!

Thanks again!

sTw

Sean! Congrats! I am so happy for you and Tory. That was a beautiful speech. You are definitely meant to be a preacher. I've listened to some of your sermons and loved every one of them. I can't wait to meet Tory. Let me know next time you are in the Lafayette area, maybe Dustin and I will be around then too! Of course, you are always welcome here in Houston!
Steph

Thanks Stephanie! I'll definitely let you know! I hope you and Dustin are doing well!

sTw

Check out my blog! I finally posted some new pictures!
Steph

WOW! How Awesome is that! You deserve the best Sean Walker! Congrats!

So you like her?

haha, yep.

I am so glad that you found that right woman. I was begining to think that your red hair was going to go to waste.

Tory, I hope that you are willing to share. I love him too!

i'd like to know what this tradition is supposed to be of buying rings? using the word tradition implies that this has happened on numerous occasions in the past.hmmm, i guess justin and i will have to have a talk when he gets home.

I am still spinning from the news, a daughter at last, Victoria Lauren! Victory! I have waited 30 years! Seriously this is the prayer of a lifetime answered in an Ephesians 3:20 kind of way. God's grace never ceases to overwhelm me. My prayer is for Psalm 34:3 that you magnify Him together as you have already begun to do through your precious proposal and her gentle response. May your deep deep love for God and for each other continue to spill over and draw many to Him. We are thrilled and blessed. Our love to both of you. Mom

SEAN! I am so happy for you! That is awesome - ya'll are getting married. Watching the proposal brought back so many memories of last semester. Good times. CONGRATS!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross