« Home | Stealth » | Step 2 » | Self-discovery vs. Spoonfed » | 2 Hooks In The Water » | True or Not True? » | Inspiration or Instruction? » | Blogger Birth » | Made The Switch and I Aint Looking Back » | Over Priced Xbox Anyone? » | XBox 360 Madness 2005 Step 1 »

Beginning My Tradition

So this being the first Christmas living on my own, I wanted to do it right. I felt this was important thing for me to do b/c I wanted my kids(future kids I should say) to grow up with a rich Christmas tradition, and whatever I start doing now will carry over to when I actually have a family. So I felt responsible to do it right now so I know that I'll do it right later. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Anyway...

I got a tree stand, some lights, and some ornaments from Target, and then went and got a tree from the tree place in front of Randoll's. My first tree, I was pumped!










I was always jealous of people who got to drive around with a Christmas tree on their car. My turn:)

So I got all my stuff inside and the tree set up. But it was unlevel, and I already tightened the screws so much that one of them was stripped. I had to think of something to help it level the tree. Then I thought about my favorite professor at UL, Dr. St. Pierre. He always told us not to sell our books back after the semester was over b/c we could use them in the future. What do ya know, he was right.




















I got most of the tree done tonight but I have to get a tree skirt, some type of blue ornaments, and something to put on top and I'll be done.










My favorite thing to do during Christmas is to put on some Aaron Neville Christmas , get some hot chocalate with the fake miniature marshmallows in it, turn the lights off and the tree on, and sit in front of the fireplace. Hmmm, Christmas rocks!

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross