« Home | Updated Photo » | One Of My Favortie Songs » | What do you do when you're tired of being strong? » | Chef Sean » | No » | No Longer Green » | Domestication » | How do you...? » | Updated Pic » | Cool Movie Quote »

Ahhhh, how awesome!

Isn't it amazing what good music does to you?! It just gets you SO fired up and ready to take on anything. Here's some more of the bands I've been loving recently...












Maroon 5 - Love 'em! Their music is in it's own style category. I've never heard anyone like them. It absolutely rocks! And I got to watch their live DVD called Friday The 13th. WOW! There are bands out there that are what is called studio bands. Meaning they only sound good when a recording studio makes them good. And it's mainly determined by the lead singers true voice. i.e., switchfoot. They're a studio band. Their lead singer sounds great on the album but horrible live. And they're one of my favorite bands. So I'm not degrading studio bands, I'm more giving props to live bands like Maroon 5 that sound JUST AS GOOD live as they do on the album.














The Fray - This is a new band that I don't know a lot about and only have a couple of their songs. "Over My Head" is my favorite. It's been on repeat for i think 6 days straight. I actually didn't like the song at first but it grew on me and now I'm in love with it. It's one of those secular songs that you know the writer isn't talking about anything sprirtual but I sing it as a worship song. One of the lines is, "Everyone knows I'm in over my head" For me I just shout that to God b/c if my life is a success it isn't b/c I did anything right. It's b/c my Heavenly Father is CLUTCH and rescued me and came through and I want people to know that. Know that I AM! in over my head and without Him I'm HOPELESS!














Lupe Fiasco "Kick Push" - You just have to go listen to it! It's some of the coolest Hip Hop I've heard.













Sanctus Real "I'm Not Alright" - This song is amazing. It's the story of my life! Here's the lyrics. Check these out...

if weakness is a wound that no one wants to speak of
then cool is just how far we have to fall
i am not immune-i only wanna be loved
but i feel safe behind the firewall
can i lose my need to impress?
if you want the truth, i need to confess

i'm not alright- i'm broken inside, broken inside
and all i go thru-it leads me to you, it leads me to you

burn away the pride, bring me to my weakness
'til everything i hide behind is gone
and when i'm open wide with nothing left to cling to
only you are there to lead me on
'cuz honestly, i'm not that strong

i'm not alright- I'm broken inside, broken inside
and all i go thru-it leads me to you, it leads me to you

(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)

i'm not alright-i'm broken inside, broken inside
i'm broken inside, broken inside
and all i go thru leads me to you, leads me to you

i'm not alright-i'm not alright-i'm not alright
thats why i need you


This is SUCH A GOOD SONG! It's another one that I just SCREAM out when I've got it cranked in my car. Here's the cool thing about what this song says. There is such freedom whenever someone says, "Hey, I know the cool thing is to act like I have everything together, but I don't. I'm hurting and struggling." There's such freedom when we can admit that and just be real about life and how it's tough and all that stuff. SUCH FREEDOM!

Anyway... That's what I've been listening to recently. And I thank God every day for the gift of music and how powerful it is!

Great post! I love talking music. One small issue: Switchfoot has actually worked on their live sound and gotten better.

You know me, always apologizing for Mr. Foreman.

Haha. So you noticed it too?

They're still probably my favorite band. I don't hold it against him:) He sounds better live than I do! Of course that's the best part about loud music is you can't hear yourself sing so you think you sound as good as the album.

That's how they should weed out american idol contestants... Have them sing to a CD that is cranked and then without warning them turn off the music (like musical chairs) and let them finish the song:) I'd never make it through that!

Sean! I just bought Fray's cd. It was a much needed day at Barnes and Noble and it was playing. I loved it! Sounded just like the main guy from Switchfoot and Over my Head was one of my fav. songs. It reminded me of 24. Anywho, great minds once again think alike. Hope you are well. You'd better call me if you ever visit your bro in Tampa!

That's funy b/c I was talking to a friend today about making a run down there this summer. But I have now idea who you are. I think I do, but the person I'm thinking of isn't a bro. Fill me in?

Welp, def. not a bro. Who else would you have to call if you were in the Tampa area...? With whom did you spend the most awesome summer of your life with..?(humor me) With whom does the song 24 remind you of? (hopefully)Or the beach every single freakin night wacthin stars and heat lightning, or slurpee runs, or swimming in fountains, or the phrase consistantly random, or attempts at playing ball with local brothas, fried mushrooms, the grand at the Browns, smart glasses, or almost drowning bc I stepped on a manatee, with whom did you learn to surf, not to mention shopping cart races, one word: Target, the best hair cuts you ever got,wrastlin, super cool head light, alligator catchin, messin with sea gulls and fishing polls (poor birds), The one, the only, dunnnn da da daaaaaaa.................(the funny thing is I just said that out loud like 5 time to try to figure out how to spell it)

That's who I thought it was:) You threw me off with the bro. You're right, it was the best summer of my life. We had a stinking blast!

Ha, no silly. Your bro lives in Tampa, if you ever go and visit him I meant. Not that I am a bro, ewww. Ya, it was the best ever! So please let me know if and WHEN you come! It has been wayyyyy to long!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross