« Home | Updated Pic » | Cool Movie Quote » | Life Lessons From The Road #1 » | More Pics » | Humility's Source » | Some of my Favorite Pics » | Hmm? » | East Bayou Jr. High » | Alive - Louie Giglio » | Put Me In Coach »

How do you...?

How do you measure spiritual growth? I mean really! How? You can't use a ruler. It's easy to act like you've grown but how do we really know if we're growing spiritually? Hmmm?

Using the term "Spiritual Formation" instead of "Spiritual Growth" has always been helpful for me.

Instead of always expecting to grow, I can understand my walk with God as a journey. Sometimes we take scenic routes, sometimes detours are the trail.

The hardest parts of my journey are where it doesn't look like "American progress" to me:

...I follow God to a dead end, where He has something to show me, and then we walk out the same way we walked in.

...God calls me to sit down with Him, eat, drink, and rest. I want to walk, and He wants to sit.

It often doesn't feel like a progression of events, but it's not supposed to.

Here's a definition I heard that propmted me to post the question.

"The increase of capacity to love both God and people."

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross