« Home | What Red Heads Talk About » | Picture Dependent » | I Am What You See In Me » | More Blog Love » | Final 25 » | Don't Impress Them Too Much Now » | Group Run - 8.1 » | My GP for DFW » | More Blog Love » | Spreading The Blog Love »

Google Owns The World And I Love It That Way

Everyone needs a gmail (google mail) account. Use it for a day and you'll see why I love it so much. To get one, you have to be invited by a current user. So if you don't have a gmail account let me know and I'll hook you up.

Some of the sweet things that gmail has:

-Conversations. Must see it to believe it. It's a grouping function that makes conversations over email easily viewable. In other words, you don't have to go to your "sent" folder to see what you said in a previous reply. It's already there. It's beautiful.

-Google Talk. Instant messaging with the world right inside your browser.

-Labels. I can access every online receipt i've ever had in 2 seconds, b/c they've been labeled "online receipts."

-Storage. What is it up to now? 2.7GB. It increases all the time. No other provider can compete with that. My old hotmail I think was around .4GB or something like that.

-Mail Search. Need to find an old email? Find it in seconds with the search function.

-Spam filter. The best I've ever used.

-Ads. The only ads you'll see while checking your mail are simple, non-distracting "text-only" ads. It's not like other email providers that have dancing girls on the side of the page, or "Guess who's rear end this is?" type ads. In other words, the ads are easily ignorable.


Now that you're TOTALLY convinced that you need and want one, email me (sean.stw@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite. But fair warning... Once you try this, you're gonna hate Microsoft Outlook for the rest of your life. The only thing that Outlook had on gmail was it's calender function, but now gmail has one too. I've yet to try it.




I can't believe I just spent 20 minutes selling gmail accounts. This totally reveals my tech-geek status. Oh well, it was gonna come out eventually. Here's a pic of me fishing ("catching" if you're Justin Head) to counter-balance the tech-geek in me:)

i don't think i could add another, i have enough trouble fishing through two different e-mails . i'm sure google appreciates the publicity though.

is google sponsoring your school for the next two years or something?
next thing you know i will be checking my hotmail and i am going to see sean walkers orange head in a distracting add off to the side. "no more adds. come to g-mail today. CAUTION: g-mail accounts may cause love!" i mean you make it sound like you are married to it or something. i am going to cancel my gmail account right now. its not like you ever email me anyway.

HEY GOOD PUB dude, If you run out of invites, send people my way. And Hey, what is up with the no love on the part of you moving up here. You mention Joe and Mark, but No Johnny E love, what is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even after I offer you a place to stay and everything. OH well, you are still MY friend, even if I'm not yours. HA HA HA just joking!

Ahh dude, you busted me. You're right. You and I will get to throw down and have some fun. That's my bad!

Are you in classes this semester and next?

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross