« Home | Thanks Everyone » | SYATP 2006 » | Look At This Kid » | You've Got To See These Pics :) » | Psalm 27 » | If Only I Could Putt Like Him :) » | My New Toy » | Summer Blockbusters » | Weather » | Group Run - 14.1 »

Laugh Of The Day

Danget! I got an email today and now I'm probably going to hell.

So I get this email today from a friend (my friend didn't write it, and he's not the one I'm making fun of here. it's the author I'm making fun of) and it has all these cool pics of this guy's truck who literally airbrushed every inch of his truck with this military/USA/9-11/trade center type theme. Amazing paint job! Really, amazing!

Well what is hilarious is the short paragraph at the end of the email. Here it goes...

"Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master.
Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher.
Had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer.
Had no army, yet kings feared Him.
He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world.
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.
He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
Feel honored to serve such a Leader who loves us.
If you believe in God and in Jesus Christ His Son..send this to all on your
Buddy list..if not just ignore..In the Bible, Jesus says..."If you deny me
Before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven."
GOD BLESS YOU ALL"


It's a cool paragraph all the way up to, "If you believe in God and Jesus." Then it basically claims that you don't love Jesus if you don't forward this email. So I guess I better forward this email b/c my eternal security is depending on it. At least that's how I'm reading it:)

I'm sure this guy has good intentions with this email, but seriously, come on bro, that's hilarious! I don't remember Romans 10:9 saying, "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and spam your buddy list with Christian forwards, then you will be saved." But hey, maybe I'm reading the wrong translation. :)

Labels:

i am going there with you too. everytime i read an email that has that on there its like no matter how good of a reading it was, no matter how it effected me while reading it...if it ended with "pass this on or burn!" i choose the burn part. i cant stand the way people do that!!!
ggggrrrrrrr to those people who control my entry to Heaven.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross