« Home | Summer Blockbusters » | Weather » | Group Run - 14.1 » | Is There Anything More Powerful? » | Some More » | A Few More Pics Fron TN » | Go Fish Roll In » | Is it Fake or Foto? » | A Week Off » | I'm Outtie »

My New Toy

So my old Nano died last friday. So......... I got a new toy in today. Once again, Apple continues to amaze me. I could go on and on about how cool this 8GB iPod Nano is, but you can go to their website and read all that if you want. Click Here for Apple's website
























Here's what impressed me the most... I worked at ePuck.com for about 2 years in my sophomore and junior year at ULL. ePuck.com is a website where you can buy hockey gear. So in working there i obviously learned a TON about online stores and shipping and all that stuff. Well with online ordering you have to set a deadline for the latest time of day someone can place an order, and still have that order shipped out the same day. Our official time was 2:30 (i think). So if you placed an order at 2:35pm, technically your order wouldn't ship until the following business day b/c we still had to print out the order, go out into the warehouse, find the items, pack them, label, and get them ready in time for UPS or FedEx to pick them up. Now with one order, yeah, this doesn't take very long, but at ePuck when I was there, we were getting out hundreds of orders in a day and so, a lot of the time we had to stick to that deadline.

Now compared to ePuck.com, Apple.com is GINORMOUS!! (yes, it is a word. at least now it is) And ginormous online stores usually take 2-3 business days to ship an order. So if I place my order on Monday at 9am, they technically don't have to ship that order until Wed or Thursday. And Bestbuy.com does just that. I bought an external hard drive from them 2 weeks ago and paid for 2 day shipping. I didn't get it until 4 days later b/c they said they were "reviewing the order." REVIEWING WHAT!? "OK, read me that address again for the 15,253th time." Come on!!!




















Well, I tried to place my order for my new toy early monday morning, so maybe, just maybe it would be shipped by the next day. But, I wasn't able to place my order until almost 3:30pm, and just bit the bullet that i was gonna have to wait a little longer. Well, I get a tracking update at 10pm last night saying that my order had been processed by FedEx and that I had a tracking number. Well, I just figured that they gave me a pre-assigned tracking number, like a lot of companies do.

Well today, I get a small box in at work at 12:30pm. 12:30! Yeah, when I requested overnight shipping with Apple, I got it in 23 hours. No other company that size can compete with that. Nobody!

I know this is way to much text to tell such an irrelevant story, but here's my point. I love good customer service. It's something that I learned from Kevin Marcellison at ePuck, and it's just great to see such a large company like Apple show us that, yeah we may be ginormous, but we're gonna take care of our customers. Props to them!

so what are those 8 GB going to do for you?

i totally understand about the shipping thing. customer service is something that i think makes a company. but then wal-mart reminds me it doesnt. wal-mart has become the worst place for service. if you want to know something about a product, you better research it online or something. if you want your groceries checked-out the correct way, go to the self check-out! it really is getting that bad.

when i am making good money i am not going to walmart anymore...b/c me not shopping there is going to make a difference to there profits!

my point is not saying that who cares about customer service. i am just think the same way as sean, getting good service is rare these days. we should appriciate it when it comes around and keep supporting the companies that have good service

Those 8GB are gonna play songs like The Fray's "Vienna" into my ears as I run, just like they did tonight :)

8GB...I don't even know what I would put on there...or what I wouldn't put on there, really! I like new toys.

dude. i wanna get the 80gb. i have like 8gb left on my 60gb. you should have gotten the pink one. it would have fit your style better. home-0

dude. i wanna get the 80gb. i have like 8gb left on my 60gb. you should have gotten the pink one. it would have fit your style better.

I won't lie, I didn't read through this whatsoever, just scanned and not really even that, until....I saw the word GINORMOUS, not really until, bc I still didn't read it, but I was just really excited to see that someone else on the face of this earth uses that word besides me. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross