« Home | Anyone Know Why This Pic is Rare? » | More Blog Love » | My Apologies » | Coffee and Jam TONIGHT! » | Jeff Foxworthy Quote » | Good Pride - Bad Pride » | More Blog Love » | She's Ready To Roll » | Group Run - 18.1 » | Another Pick From River Ranch »

Love It

I was blog surfing b/c i can't fall asleep for some reason (even though I know that tomorrow is the longest day of the week for me) and I got on a pastor named Tony Morgan's blog. I know VERY little about him. Not much more than that he works at a church I like in Indiana called Granger Community Church.

Check out this post. I love it.


Best Friends

I'm helping out with middle school ministry this year. Last night, one of our discussion topics was friendships. I sat in a circle talking with a bunch of middle school guys about their best friends. (That was an enlightening experience on many levels, but that's not the topic of this post.)

At one point I had the opportunity to share a little about my best friend. I had them guess who it was. One of the boys guessed Mark Beeson. He's a very good friend. Another boy guessed Tim Stevens. He's also a very good friend. Then I told the them that my best friend is my wife, Emily. At that point, one of the guys looked at me and asked, "How can your wife be your best friend?"

That's probably the reality of where we find ourselves today, isn't it? It's probably unusual for best friends to get married and stay married. I wonder if our ministry can help impact a change in people's lives so that becomes the norm. That's something I could invest my life in.

Labels:

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross