« Home | The Great Divide » | Saints » | Work » | Come See A Movie With Us » | Invest In Others » | Christmas Music » | Love It » | Anyone Know Why This Pic is Rare? » | More Blog Love » | My Apologies »

You Cannot Not Communicate

This was probably the coolest thing I learned while at ULL.

If I asked you a question, and you didn't want to communicate back to me, it would be impossible. Yes, you don't have to verbally respond, but you're still communicating with me. You're communicating that you don't want to answer, or that you don't know, or that you're trying to hold in some gas (sorry, haha). The cmcn is obviously NOT always clear, but it IS always there.

When someone gives me the silent treatment, they're not talking, but they're communicating a LOUD AND CLEAR message.

So here's where that leads me... What am I communicating to people that I'm not intending to communicate?

Have you ever liked someone but couldn't hide it, even though you've never said ,"Hey! I like you!"? And no matter what you "didn't say" the other person KNEW that you like them.

Have you ever been real busy and not had a chance to hang out with your best friend, and even though you never said, "I don't want to hang out with you," yet they somehow came to the conclusion that you don't?

When I stepped out of being an intern for Middle School b/c I had to take 21 hours my last semester to graduate, I basically fell off the face of the earth it appeared to the middle school. I never told them that I didn't want to be around them anymore, but I think some of them felt I didn't.

You cannot not communicate. No matter how hard you try. So... what are you communicating?

if you were communitcating something you didn't intend to, would you really want to know?

absolutely! I would b/c then I could do something to quit unintentionally communicating.

i think that i do a lot of silent communication when it comes to being mad...i do not want to argue, so if i disagree i am just going to keep quiet and communicate through silence. sean, i hope that i do not have any times of silence with you.

but just to let you know, when you do not answer my phone call it makes me think that you dont love me anymore

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross