« Home | More Ice » | Yep » | The New Gardener » | FC on a Saturday night » | nICE » | It's Only Physical » | Reinventing the Phone » | More Blog Love » | Tell Me Who I Am For Me » | A PIc I Like »

Almost Game Time

I had orientation today. Classes start Thursday.

Orientation was interesting. We opened up by singing a couple of hymns. That was the first time in probably, i don't know, maybe 10 years, that I've sung out of a hymnal.

For the first time I got to hear Paige Patterson, the seminary president speak. I really enjoyed it. He said some interesting things...

"Seminary is going to be your boot camp for ministry. And I'm your first drill Sergent."

"I want you to graduate from here exhausted."

"We're going to push you just short of a mental breakdown. But don't worry, we're going to stop and pray for you right before you have it."

Of course he was joking when he said the last one... I hope.

He also said some awesome things about keeping spiritual disciplines while we're here and how inportant that was. I really enjoyed listening to him. He seems real down to earth.

Classes start Thursday. Here's what I'm taking...

1 hour of Spiritual Formation II with Dr. Williams
3 hours of Biblical Hermeneutics with Dr. Wolfe
3 hours of Basic Old Testament I with Dr. Mitchell
3 hours of Contemporary Evangelism with Dr. Mills

Labels: ,

I am so excited for you!

how were the ribs?????????????

dude i heard that dr. mills is like the hardest teacher ever. you should drop that class and try and get into another section!

"Hermeneutics" ... I had to look that one up! : )

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross