« Home | Spring 08 Semester at SWBTS » | YouTube » | Crazy Technology - Microsoft Surface » | Shot Glasses For Jesus » | Truth and Light » | Life Support » | LSU 38 - Ohio State 24 SEC Representing! » | THIS! » | Representing! » | Current Weather »

"Don't Believe Everything You Read On The Internet!"

You'd think we'd have learned this by now.

How many of you have received the Barak Obama email claiming that Obama is actually a Muslim who won't say the pledge, turns his back to the flag, and was sworn into office on the Koran?

For the record, I'm not a fan of Obama's political positions. However... Seriously?! Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Is the show 24 a reality? No, it's not.

When I first received this email I thought, "Wow! That's amazing!" And for a second I thought it was true. Then I had to remind myself...
1. Anything that is sent via email and that is forwarded with 10,000 email addresses attached to it is most likely fabricated.
2. If it smells like a rumor, walks like a rumor, and sounds like a rumor then...

Tonight on the way home I'm listening to a political talk show on the radio and an interviewer asks Obama about these rumors and Obama laughs in response and goes on to say that he wasn't sworn in on the Koran but was sworn in on the Bible, and that he is actually a member of the Church of Christ denomination and is a Christian.

Can I prove that he really is a Christian? No.
Can I prove that he says the pledge of allegiance? No.
Can I prove that he was sworn in on the Bible? No.

But am I going to take the word of a forwarded email that has too many >>>>>>>>s on it over the man's word? No.

I try really hard not to use my blog to complain, but I know a ton of people who have gotten this and other bogus emails and I wanted to encourage my readers to be less gullible, especially of things on the internet. As another friend of mine replied as she received the Obama email, "I’m not one to support a candidate, but I do think the truth should be spread and not fallacies."

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Labels:

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross