« Home | Evil Eyes » | Charlie Bit Me » | Pics of Tory and I » | Engaged!: April 15th is No Longer Tax Day! » | Intelligent Design or Darwinism? » | Speaking of Churches Endorsing Candiates... » | Churches Cannot Endorse Candidates » | "reTHiNK - Is Student Ministry Working?" » | Seriously?! » | Snow (For Real This Time) »

Youth Lab 2008

Here's a video we put together for Youth Ministry Lab 2008. It went down on April 4th and 5th here on campus at SWBTS. It's the 40th anniversary of it. It's basically the largest Student Ministry Conference put on by students in the nation. Here's a taste...

In the video you'll see Jeff Johnson Worship Band (who's song "Ruin Me" I dare you to sing to God. dare you!), Sandstories by Joe Castillo, and Francis Chan who you just need to go download. His speaking kicked my butt. My favorite paraphrase from him that weekend was, "If you were on a desert island and all you had was your Bible, would you have the same views, beliefs, and theology then, as you do now?" In my interpretation, what theology do we have now that is extra-biblical and what beliefs do we have that are so diluted b/c of the thousands of influences we take in? If Jesus really is who He says He is, then why am I so hesitant to really give Him all of my life?

Ouch huh? I know. Me too.

You'll also see shots in there of other things, such as Dr. Johnny Derouen teaching a breakout. You'll see'hear him talking about stats of every 4th generation. Amazing! He's my teacher this semester for Student Ministry Essentials, basically the most impactful class I've taken yet.

Labels: ,

awesome! that looks and sounds like some awesome stuff! and i have never heard of jeff johnson.. thanks!!
Ashley

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross