« Home | Losing Yourself Part 2 » | Losing Yourself » | 3 Times I Say... » | East Bayou Men's Retreat '06 » | I Never Heard It That Way » | New Links » | It's Going Down! » | Not Easy, But Good » | "Sean Did You..." » | Spritual Clarity »

Put Me In Coach

I've got a good friend of mine that I've been meeting with every week now for a couple of months and we talk about church work, and life, and how I can better follow God's vision for my life and stuff like that. It's been great! It hasn't been easy b/c I have to answer very tough questions, and do homework and come prepared. An easy way to describe it is, he's a coach more than anything. There are two things that God's really engraved and begun to form in me through the coaching in the last couple of months...

1. Process. Process is a word that God's taught me a ton about through the coaching. Here's the lesson I learned in one sentence. "You be faithful to the process that God's taking you through and He'll come through like you can't even begin to imagine." I've never understood this principle more than I do now. I've learned 1. God is more faithful than we can comprehend. 2. The punk throws so many shortcuts at us, trying to get us to meet legitimate needs in illegitimate ways, it's not even funny. Matthew 4:1-11. 3. The harder the process is to be faithful to, the more God will reward you if you are faithful, and the more close you'll be to Him when you've finished.
And that's the most gratifying part, the closeness to Him that you experience once you step out of the process and look back at where and what God has just led you through. It's amazing! And that leads me to the second thing I've gotten the most out of in the coaching process...

2. Passion. When I first started churning on this word, I couldn't separate it from a ministry, or an act of service in the church. You say you have a passion, I think, "Where do you want to serve? What ministry?" And after weeks of thinking about it in my life, and being taught, "Passion is not about ONE ministry or one gift God has given you. It's about God. Period!" When that was first pitched to me, I didn't catch it. I had to throw it back and forth for a while. And about 2 weeks ago it hit me like a ton of bricks. It's about a passion for Him. Yeah, I've heard that a billion times, but for the first time I truly felt that. I knew my passion wasn't for a ministry or a gift I've got, it was for Him and seeing Him glorified. Him first. Him alone. Him always. Then, and only after the true understanding of that concept can you fulfill God's will.

Protect that passion Sean...the only price that can be put on it is the price Satan has put on your head to anyone willing and able to diminish it. Don't settle!

Your Bro with a different Fro....Bryan

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross