« Home | Crazy Week To Continue » | More Blog Love » | Group Run 13.1 » | Prayer Request » | It Never Stops » | Check These Out » | New Blog » | Group Run - 12.1 » | Crescent Connection Road Race » | My New Favorite Meal »

The Rabbit Hole Is Deep

This is a phrase that I use to explain media to people who aren't familiar with what it takes to create videos and graphics, and to explain what is possible. What it takes are simple, but not everyone's got them-time, money, creativity. "What is possible?" is an easy question to answer... Anything. You've all seen it with your own eyes. "Finding Nemo", "Cars", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Jurassic Park" for goodness sake had it. They were one of the first movies to show just how much CGI(computer graphic imaging) could bring a movie to life. There is rarely a movie that doesn't use CGI. Even ones that you think don't use it, ACTUALLY do. Here's an example of ways that they use it today.

The movie Jarhead(not a movie I recommend), with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Fox, yeah they used CGI I'm sure for some of the ware scenes, but guess what else they used it for.... to digitally remove the tattoo that Jamie Fox had while shooting. Jamie Fox has a shaved head in the movie. Well Jamie also has a visible tattoo on his head. They wanted it to been seen while they were shooting the movie, but the producers later made the decision, after the shooting was done, that it was too much for his character. So, they had it digitally removed.

Look at The Matrix Trilogy. Impossible with out CGI, and absolutely amazing with. There are movies that I go to see just b/c of the CGI. Speaking of the Matrix, that's where I snagged "The rabbit hole is deep" from. I'll post the script from the scene I'm talking about in another post b/c I want to discuss it in a another way. But the ideas is, that you can never guess how far and how deep the media hole goes.

Here's another piece of media I saw that both inspired me and made me want to quit my job at the same time. It's not as fancy as a pirate ship coming up out of the water, but whoever made this commercial is GOOD! Click here to watch a high resolution (good quality) version of it or you can just click play below. If you're into media, then you know what I'm talking about.

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross