« Home | I HATED That Sermon » | Why Do You Like Tennessee So Much? » | You Ready? » | Group Run - 9.1 » | Google Owns The World And I Love It That Way » | What Red Heads Talk About » | Picture Dependent » | I Am What You See In Me » | More Blog Love » | Final 25 »

Stop Messing With Me

Music is crazy! One song can change your mood QUICK! I'd love to do an experiment. Here's my hypothesis. I bet that with the right song, I could convince anyone to do just about anything! OK maybe not anything:) But i'm continually amazed at how powerful music is. It can, in one verse, take you to the depths of hell, or make you forget your worst problems and think life is golden! And then for every song that puts me in a good mood or inspires me to keep moving forward, there's about 50 that make you want to give up.

Has anything really changed? NO! IT WAS JUST A SONG!

Right?

I remember from psych classes in college that one of the Russian dictators said that if you let him control the music people listened too, he could control the nation. I'll see if I can find the exact quote.

I don't know of any quote by a Russian dictator, but i think this one from a French dictator would work.

"Music of all the arts has the most influence on the passions and the legislator should give it the greatest encouragement." Napoleon Bonaparte

Just in case you were wondering, Napoleon has a quote for nearly all occasions.

This is so true. Think about the people that are often listed as trouble makers. They are often listening to songs that tell them to kill people and hate everyone. Whether it is rap or hard punk rock, I think these negative messages are bringing many of our youth to new lows.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross