« Home | Sermons » | You Might Not Want to Watch This... » | Yep Yep Yep » | Almost Game Time » | More Ice » | Yep » | The New Gardener » | FC on a Saturday night » | nICE » | It's Only Physical »

God, Was I Smoking Crack? :)

"God, are you sure you called me to seminary?!" Haha!

That's the question I asked myself at 2:45am Tuesday morning as I finished an open book quiz that was due by 8am Tuesday morning. 1 quiz... 4.5 hours of reading. I can't wait to see what it's going to take to prep for the final.

What's even funnier than that question alone, was that after talking to more people after class, was that I wasn't the only one asking God that, haha. Of course it was wayyyyy late into the night and I really don't question my call here, haha, I was just shocked at the amount of reading required in this one class.

So this post's purpose is basically to say... Blogging will most likely be cut back dramatically.

But you never know, I met get some blogging done during a boring class :)

But on a serious note, I would appreciate your prayers for me and school and work. I did land a job at Outback Steakhouse here in town. I'm in training right now, but as soon I pass the menu test and complete training, I'll be waiting tables there about 20 hours a week. I'm intentionally not working at a church here for the beginning of my time here b/c I want to get out of that church bubble and be around non-chirstians more. So please pray for my witness their with employees and customers. And please pray for school. It's going to be a tough semester as I learn the ropes here and try to figure out what the hek my professors are talking about. I truly covet your prayers.

Other than that everything else here is going well. I'm still doing a lot of church hopping and loving it. I'm going to try to blog about that and interesting things that I learn in class as often as I can find time.

'Till then... peace out!

Oh, everyone was asking me if I made a snowman when it snowed last week. I didn't, but my neighbors did...

Labels:

well well well, welcome to the real world of Master's degree studying. Ha ahaha, they sure don't give those things away do they??!!! Nope, but the rigors of discipline will build a stamina and pattern of being prepared to have a life & ministry that makes an impact and not a peep. Gut it out. discipline your schedule and put the ole wii/360/playstation and their buddies back in the box. i believe you can do it and you can do it with excellence. Praying on this end.

Sean,

Just knowing that you are actually there makes me weep tears of encouragement and joy. It's so uplifting to know that there are people out there still desiring to give their whole lives to the Lord. You are AWESOME!!! School will be difficult, very difficult. But that's part of what makes the impression when you come out.

My dad always used to say, one integral part and lasting impact of attaining a degree is that you actually finished. You went through the gut wrenching process of achieving all the little goals and came out on the other end better than you were before. When we are faithful with little the Lord will entrust huge things to us, like people's lives for instance. SIMPLY AMAZING!!

We love you, we support you, we miss you and we will most assuredly pray for you OFTEN!! I know your mom and dad must be so proud of you. They are also protecting you in prayer.

My one piece of advice: DON'T EVER FORGET TO BE SEAN!!!!!! Sometimes "we" the person gets lost in the shuffle.

Jesus, help Sean adapt and grow and change to fit his life. Help him to do it quickly and help him to see You in the entire thing. Let his life be blessed because of the first three months there.

Also, protect Sean as he wades through uncharted waters both with school and the Outback. Help him to open up to others and let him receive new comrades for the journey - both believers and ones that don't yet know You.

Thank You for Sean's life and how he's throwing it out there, let him catch a ton, and prove Yourself as the fisher of men.

you know that i am here for you. your request has been fulfilled.

that snowman was not built at the same "duplex" as yours. (i noticed the different colored siding and front door)

=============CARE MAIL=============

Hey AWESOME One!!! YOU AND GOD CAN DO THIS!!! His power will get you up in the mornings, give you the stamina you need during the day... well into the longgggg nights, and the wisdom you require to accomplish His will. EVERY DAY you will be a living, breathing testimony of His power! You will EXEMPLIFY your courage and dependence on Him and AMAZE all those folks in your classrooms, out front, Outback (congrats on the job!!!), in the hallways, in the trenches ~ EVERYWHERE! You wrote... "Blogging will most likely be cut back dramatically," BUT KNOW THAT OUR PRAYERS CERTAINLY WILL NOT!... Soooooooo many are in the wings praying for you! Deuteronomy 33:26, Numbers 6:24-26. I rejoice in the Christ that is in you!!! ...and just because I don't say this near often enough, "thank you" for all you do to bless my life!

P.S. Pretty cool neighbors! ~ LOVED that little guy, the snowman!!! The socks.... I LIKED THE SOCKS!!!!

Okay, so I am totally right there with you. and I also wrote today's blog on the Proverbs 31 Woman during THE CHRISTIAN HOME.... I am all about multi-tasking...
:)

Hey man, don't forget... nothing's easy that's hard. It will be worth it and we will pray you through it.

Just don't take "The Theology of Jesus" in an I-term. Trust me, that is experience talking...

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross