« Home | Heads Up » | The Lost Tomb of Jesus » | Humbled » | Actually... » | Good Times » | When Life Gets Really Difficult... » | Announcements (Student Ministry Style) » | Mid-February Update » | Who brags on you? » | Hmm. Windows Copying Mac? »

New Job

Since my shift in "how" I was going to approach seminary changed about a month ago (click here to read that post), I started looking for a full-time ministry position. I've been interviewing for about a month now with Fellowship Church at their Grapevine campus.

Well today I officially started. The position is their 2nd and 3rd Grade Assistant Children's Pastor position. My main responsibilities are helping teach and lead on the weekends, preperation for the weekend during the week, and supporting our 2nd and 3rd grade pastor in whatever he needs me to do.

I've not talked a lot about it b/c I wanted to land the job first. This is a huge answer to prayer so I do want it to be clear that props go to God for hooking me up with the op to work at an amazing church with some amazing people there, both staff and volunteers. I know my time at fellowship will give me TONS of positive experience and exposure into children's ministry, team work, creativity, and lots more. I'm stoked to say the least.

I still covet your prayers as I attempt to finish this semester (I'm half way through and rocking and rolling) and offer as much as possible in my new position.

Labels: , ,

congratulations on the job my red headed brotha. glad to hear that you have found something that you like!

i guess God had better plans than outback for you.

its a nice. i like

Praise the Lord! How awesome!!! Keep us posted! :)

CONGRATULATIONS, MR. CONTAGIOUS!!! ~ Proverbs 3:6!!!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Yeah!!! I will pray especailly hard for you now. I shudder at the thought of Children's Ministry. You are a better person than I am. Good Luck;)

(in response to the above person's comment) You would.

you got my prayers, bro!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross