« Home | Ridiculous! » | N.O. Contraflow » | Cna yuo raed tihs? » | Some Cool Weather » | Spring '07 Grades » | Update May '07 » | Go Home » | 9 Days » | You know you're from South Louisiana if... » | Easter Cartoon »

Round 2 at SWBTS

We started classes for the Fall 2007 Semester today at SWBTS (SWiBiTS as we call it) or Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. It's good to be back in classes. This summer I didn't take any classes b/c my work schedule didn't allow me to. I've never missed school before, and this summer I did. It's different when you're studying a topic that your life is based upon and that you plan to teach as your career.

I'm humbled at the beginning of the semester b/c again people have come through and paid for my tuition. I approached this fall trying to save as much money as I could through the summer, but knowing that it wouldn't be enough to pay tuition, I repeatedly prayed and asked God to come through. And He did, through some amazing people, all of which won't tell me their names. I hope one day they will.

So here's what's on the table this semester:

Systematic Theology 1 w/ Dr. Yarnell
Church History 1 w/ Dr. Yeats
Christian Home w/ Dr. Greenoe
Spiritual Formations 1 w/ Dr. Mitchell

It's 10 hours.

So, please pray for me. It would be much appreciated.

And thanks again to those of you who have helped me financially and especially relationally to be here. I'm humbled by you.

Labels:

Glad to see you settling back down into a groove and getting the ole education absorbed. looks like a challenging schedule. FOCUS. you da man.

I Thessalonians 1:2-3

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross