« Home | I Never Heard It That Way » | New Links » | It's Going Down! » | Not Easy, But Good » | "Sean Did You..." » | Spritual Clarity » | Pic » | What Do Anchor Groups and Wendys Have In Common? » | ABC » | Raw Emotion + Good Music = What? »

East Bayou Men's Retreat '06

Wow! How do I begin to put words to a 24 hour retreat that did nothing short of change lives.

I'll start with one of the coolest things that happened. I was talking with Glenn Langlinais Friday night and we he was telling me how we need to call out the punk on his lies and recognize that their lies. We can easily begin to forget the Truth we know and start believing lies. And if we do that we're messed up. We're imobilized and mislead. Well Glenn was speaking some truth in my life and helping me recognize the lies. Then, I go to hang out with everyone about 2 hours later at the bonfire and I get into a conversation with Paul Favoron. Paul and I get talking and he asks some questions and then just says, "You know Sean, you're problem is not a lack of courage. You're problem is not fear. It's deceit. It messes you up doesn't it?" I swear Glenn and Paul got together and said, "OK, here's what we're gonna do for Sean. I'll tell him this, and a couple of hours later you tell him the same thing..." It was amazing the way God revealed something to me from 2 different guys at 2 different times, from 2 different guys who didn't even know that they were going to share that stuff with me. AMAZING!

That's one of probably 15 awesome things that happened just to me this weekend.

I've never been on a Men's Retreat before and always kind of thought they'd be boring. Man was I wrong! One of the best camps/retreats I've been to.

Jonathan Moore is the MAN, by the way. He lead the group of 82 guys that went. Props out to him for his work, and for his surrender to the Lord. You're the man Jmoore!

Tall Timber's website here.

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross