« Home | Would you...? » | Our Thanksgiving » | Gone, Like Frank Sinatra » | Christ Follower - Video 3 of 4 » | To Do » | Church Today » | PIc From This Weekend » | Cool Quote I Heard Tonight in the Car » | Pics » | I've Got My Sermons Online Now »

One Thing

Tim Walker led the college bible study this morning. Here was one of the questions he asked, "If you could tell your kids one thing, what would it be?"

Labels: ,

My answer was, "Don't make your life about yourself. Make it about others. And be compassionate. Sincerely compassionate for other people."

That's 2 things actually, but whatcha gonna do about it!? :)

I have a question Sean. How do you help people and be compassionate to people who don't want your help and make sure you are aware of it? The people who need our help the most seem to be the people who push us away the most :-(

That's a tough question. Very tough. I know of a couple of situations like that in my life.

I make sure that that person knows my love and compassion is available 24/7 and under ANY condition. That's all I can do, is keep it available for the chance that their heart does change.

You're right, most of the people who need it the most seem to be the people who push us away the most. It seems to me that those people keep us out b/c our presence or compassion is something they can't handle or don't want to deal with. It makes them too uncomfortable. I don't smother them with my compassion but I make it very clear that it is available 2am or 2pm. Some people come back to receive it and others never do unfortunately.

Thanks Sean. You give good answers. I will keep that in mind and just keep praying. My sister told me something she heard at church that was very comforting. She said that God doesn't always deny, sometimes he just delays.

"Never quit."

"i love you"

God is faithful.

Love always wins.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross