« Home | Our Thanksgiving » | Gone, Like Frank Sinatra » | Christ Follower - Video 3 of 4 » | To Do » | Church Today » | PIc From This Weekend » | Cool Quote I Heard Tonight in the Car » | Pics » | I've Got My Sermons Online Now » | Can God Be Trusted? Part 2 »

Would you...?

Imagine you were a parent (some of you don't have to wonder). Would you ever knowingly put your child in a situation where they had to choose between something good and something bad?

Yes/No?

What if the bad choice was a life-chaning one? Meaning that if they chose poorly that it would effect them in a negative way for the rest of their lives? Would you let your child walk into a situation like that or would you keep them out of a scenario where they have to make that type of decision?

Would you ever usher them into a situation like that?

I know the answer I'd "like" to give to those questions.

Labels: , ,

i dont know how many serious decisions a "kid" is going to make in his/her childhood but i would have to say that as a parent we are going to have to teach our children to make the right decision and trust that they make the right one. we cant be there for everything. one thing that really sticks in my head, you learn a lot faster from your mistakes. (at least i do)

I think we have to teach and model wise choices, then trust them to make wise choices. We cannot shelter and protect them forever. Hard times and wrong choices will be made. All we can do is love them. Trials produce character. You said yourself it's not easy but its good. God lets us make our mistakes and then is there to love us and guide us back to Him. We have to have the same mentality with our children.

well said. i have no idea how God gives us such freedom, knowing that many times we'll choose poorly and take a path of pain

I'm going down that path right now. God allowed me to make poor choices and it's caused me alot of pain but He is right there holding me, loving me, and bringing me back to Him. It's hard but I have some pretty awesome friends to help me through it;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross