« Home | Guy's Rules » | More Blog Love » | Which Is Riskier? » | Here we go again... » | Geico Caveman Commercials » | The Intangible » | Christ Follower - Video 4 of 4 » | One Thing » | Would you...? » | Our Thanksgiving »

My Entire Life Is In My Parent's Driveway

Tonight is my last night in Lafayette, LA. It's not feeling like what I expected it to feel like. I thought I would be more sad and begin to miss Lafayette. But it's quite the opposite. I can't wait to go. For me today was just like any other day. A year and a half ago I would of been scared out of my mind to do what I'm going to do tomorrow, but today, it's not even a thing. Maybe tomorrow it will hit me. Maybe not. I dunno. We'll see.

My brother Tim was helping me load my uhaul trailer today (which by the way he has mad skills at packing and backing up into tight spots) and I was telling him, "I can't imagine having to go through life alone." I say that b/c these past 6 months, I've been SO BLESSED by the people around me. WOW! From gifts to cards to hugs to encouraging words to surprise parties to people giving me household appliances that I can't afford on my own. I've been FLOORED by everyone's love. I could not have made it through this move with everyone. I don't want to even begin naming names b/c I'll leave someone out, but I have to give props to my brother Tim who has let me steal his car, has driven me around town, helped me pack, and tons more this past month and all without hesitation to help even more.

So the point of this post is two fold. 1, to say thanks to everyone. 2, to say get involved with a church family b/c life is stupid without one.

Labels: , ,

i know that i am going miss having you only an hour away.

Dude, it is so hard to believe that you are now leaving Lafayette too. It just wont be the same when I come back to visit. Hope you drive safely and are able to unpack as well as it sounds like you packed.

Have a safe drive!

GOOD LUCK SEAN!

Blessings to you, Sean! I will pray for your travel and for an AWESOME, life changing time at seminary!

you sure are keeping your life in your parents driveway for a long time. i mean you posted this last friday or something like that and there you are still there in the driveway, on tuesday.

i was pacing myself Scott :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross