« Home | Christ Follower - Video 4 of 4 » | One Thing » | Would you...? » | Our Thanksgiving » | Gone, Like Frank Sinatra » | Christ Follower - Video 3 of 4 » | To Do » | Church Today » | PIc From This Weekend » | Cool Quote I Heard Tonight in the Car »

The Intangible

The thing that bothers me the most about following Christ is that there is so many intangible things about my faith. I've never looked Jesus in the eyes. I've never had coffee with Him. I've never grocery shopped for the fruits of the spirit. I've never literally buckled up my belt of truth, or swung the sword of the spirit. It can be annoying sometimes how intangible everything about my faith seems to be.

Then I read these words this morning, "Dear friend, when you extend hospitality to Christian brothers and sisters, even when they are strangers, you make the faith visible." 3 John 1:5 The Message

That's how I, someone who prefers the tangible over the intangible, can SEE the faith, by serving, and when others serve me. I can feel it when someone comes alongside me and encourages me. I can feel it when my parents and friends love me even when I'm an idiot. I can see lives changed by what Jesus has done in their lives. THAT is intangible!

The reality of the love if Christ is LIVED OUT by us. It becomes tangible through us. How cool is that?

Labels: , ,

Amen

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross