« Home | Chocolate Rain » | Round 2 at SWBTS » | Ridiculous! » | N.O. Contraflow » | Cna yuo raed tihs? » | Some Cool Weather » | Spring '07 Grades » | Update May '07 » | Go Home » | 9 Days »

1 Week Down - 14 More To Go

One week of classes down. Fourteen more weeks to go.

After a week of classes, the mood for me is definitely, "let's do this!" Meaning, I'm loving classes and being here on campus. All of my classes appear to be pretty difficult, but are definitely doable b/c I seem to have great teachers in all of them. Really tough classes with really boring professors are hard for me. But even if the class is hard, as long as I have a good, engaging, well-spoken teacher, I'll do fine.

I did change one class though. I got out of my Christian Home class, which is about marriage and sex and the like, and switched to Old Testament 2. The reason... My Christian Home teacher said he had a 1-on-1 meeting with our Seminary President, Dr. Patterson, and Patterson told him to make sure that this class wasn't an easy A and that the students took it serious. So, what that meant was... 100 pages a week of reading... a 25 page paper... and Another 4 page paper. All for a family studies class. Now I can handle that load for a biblical studies class like Hermeneutics to Systematic Theology, but it just seemed unjustified for a family life class. Realizing as soon as he said that, we were about to become his ginni (sp?) pigs so that he could prove to Patterson that he could be a tough teacher, I dropped that class and signed up for Old Testament 2 with another professor, and it is half the work load. I don't think a family studies class should ever be double the work load of an OT class. Crazy.

Labels:

dude, good call, that is crazy!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross