« Home | East Bayou Men's Retreat '06 » | I Never Heard It That Way » | New Links » | It's Going Down! » | Not Easy, But Good » | "Sean Did You..." » | Spritual Clarity » | Pic » | What Do Anchor Groups and Wendys Have In Common? » | ABC »

3 Times I Say...

"...for God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down and relax My hold on you! Assuredly not!"

Hebrews 13:5

"I will not, I will not, I will not!"
He says. What a promise! What a powerful promise.

"Nor relax my hold on you." I picture a Father holding his son as they pass through a raging river and the water is just pounding them. The son is wrapping his arms around his father. And the father is saying "I've got you. I've got a hold on you that can't be broken. I will never let you go. We're almost through it."

Awesome scripture Sean...one of my favorites. More than any other truth, the truth of Gods constant and unfailing presence in my life has singlehandely brought me through some of the "darkest night of the soul" kind of times. That couple with the fact that "nothing can seperate us from the Love of GOd and realizing that I am included in that "nothing". Not even I am big enough to drive God away...his love conquers all! This realization is what causes me to fall before my savior, daily, in glorious defeat.

cause I don't want to grow up.....B

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross