« Home | Google It » | Update Coming » | Shrinking Yourself » | The Ride Guides » | oFFicial » | My Entire Life Is In My Parent's Driveway » | Guy's Rules » | More Blog Love » | Which Is Riskier? » | Here we go again... »

The Update

Fort Worth is amazing. I love it. 95% of the roads here are at least 3 lanes wide. I feel like I'm on a race track. Everything is really close. I'm a mile away from I-20 so I hop on the interstate pretty much every day and go one or two exits down and they have just about everything.

The campus is beautiful. It's HUGE for a seminary campus.

My brothers Michael and Tim were absolutely huge in helping me move. We got in to town around 2pm and got the uhaul unloaded in no time b/c Mark Rinberger and Joe Garner came and helped.

My place is small but definitely doable. It's 1-bedroom duplex on campus that rent is very inexpensive for.

Work is kind of on hold for the moment. I'm trying to get a job waiting tables and I've got some restaurants that are hiring but they just can't train right now b/c of the holiday rush, so The two places I'm hoping on working at are either Outback Steakhouse, or Saltgrass Steakhouse. I'll find out the 1st week of January which one hires me.

So right now in my free time, I'm running errands, Christmas shopping, setting up my place, running and working out at the Rec Center they have on campus, and watching movies every night. It's definitely different then when I was back in Lafayette working, where I rarely had time to watch any TV or chill for more than a day.

I'll be back in Lafayette in less than a week for Loren Carriere's wedding, then stay in town for the holidays, and then be back in FW the first week of January.

I've met a bunch of people. I've met pretty much most of Mark crew here at the seminary. Of course they're a blast. Ultimate frisbee was kind of crazy with them... Running around outside at 10pm on a Sunday night when it feels like it's about 5 degrees outside.

I think my body has already become more tolerable to the cold here. It's not too different from Lafayette this week but 2 weeks ago it was much colder than LAfayette, and the first 5 days here I had no heater b/c it's a gas heater and the gas company hadn't come out yet, so I snagged a mini heater from walmart and used an electric heating blanket I already had to make due. The first night was rough, but after that I got used to it. And now that I have heat, I haven't even turned it on yet.

I think I've found the church I'm going to commit to. I'm still doing my church hopping on Saturday night and early Sunday morning, but I've been consistently going to a church called LifeChurch.tv, which is also their web address. They feel just like East Bayou. It's great. They meet in a school so they set up and tear down every sunday for their corporate worship service, and then they do it again for their youth service on wednesday night. I'm amazed what they do. But it's just how church works for them, they don't even seem to think twice about it.

I think's that pretty much it that's been going on. Things will really pick up when I come back in January and begin work and begin classes.

I'll try to get some pics up soon too.

Labels:

you scally-wag

that first anonymous was not my anonymous. i have no clue rooter

I've been in Waxahachie this weekend. Dallas is something else.
:o)

DUDE! NO LOVE FOR JOHNNY E?! What!?!?!?! HA HA HA. Dude, seriously, you should have called and stayed a couple of nights. We would have been glad to have ya. Next time, you better, or you never know what could happen to your house. Just sayin

You threatening to TP my place or something? :) I assume you're talking about what I said about not having heat huh? It really wasn't a problem.

I guess I'm to prideful to ask for help. Probably so.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross