« Home | The Update » | Google It » | Update Coming » | Shrinking Yourself » | The Ride Guides » | oFFicial » | My Entire Life Is In My Parent's Driveway » | Guy's Rules » | More Blog Love » | Which Is Riskier? »

Love & Others

"I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

I had a pretty cool realization tonight. I guess it wasn't really all that new, b/c I've kind of known these two things about myself, but I've never been able to put words around it like I did tonight. Here's what I've got...

I am most alive in two scenarios. One, when I'm in love. And two, when God is using me to help others.

That's it. That's me in a nutshell. Those are the two things I'm most alive during, that I enjoy the most, that I'd fight for, that I'd die for, that I'm obssesed with, that I would give anything to do... that's me.

When I'm in love... I mean seriously, for me, there is nothing more consuming. I want to redefine what it means to love... to marry... to know someone. Love is rediculously amazing. But there has to be a lot of wisdom that goes along with something so powerful though, right? B/c it is that powerful.

God using me to help others... God using me to build something in another person? God using me to encourage? To help heal? To help seal a decision? To help grow? To help become?... I mean is there anything more important? Anything cooler or exciting?

So that's me. Crazy huh? Yeah, I know, but I can't turn it off. It's me.

I bet you don't have to guess what time this post was written at huh? :) Goodnight.

Labels: , , , ,

hmm hmm hmm... 3 straight days of hitting the white ball. incredible. capped off at Kelly Plantation. wow

Thanks for sharing your heart, Sean. I know what you mean to feel most alive when doing certain things. When I am in the word and the Lord reveals something new to me about Himself or about my spiritual condition... it sets my heart ablaze. I can barely contain myself. I am compelled to worship Him with praise and thanksgiving. Which leads me to run out and tell those I love what He is doing. He so encourages me to keep fighting this good fight were in.

Praying for you.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who?: Sean Walker
  • What?: Husband/Grad Student/Student Pastor
  • When?: Now's good
  • Where?: Fort Worth, TX
  • Why?: Ha!
  • Pics
  • Sermons
  • Videos
  • More Info

Home

My Videos

Networking

  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My Twitter Updates

A Pithy Quote 4 U

  • "The Bible is like a lion, you don't have to defend it, just turn it loose."

    -C.H. Spurgeon

Currently Listening To

  • Ace Troubleshooter

Currently Reading

  • "Parenting with Kingdom Purpose"
    by Ken Hemphill and Richard Ross

  • "Soul Searching"
    by Christian Smith

  • "Transformation of Student Ministry"
    by Richard Ross